Australian Light Horse Association
16 December 2017, 09:38:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ALHA Website:  http://www.lighthorse.org.au

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dispatch riders. LH WW1  (Read 21903 times)
Administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« on: 15 September 2011, 07:25:37 am »

David
Forum Member

Australia
143 Posts   Posted - 25/11/2002 :  09:31:06 AM 
If a Tpr was functioning as a dispatch rider is it possible that this fact may appear in any available records?

Also when a unit was in action (or other for that matter),at what level were dispatch riders required (squadron,regimental,brigade?)

I guess this would also vary according to the action etc the particular unit was involved in undertaking?

stevebecker
Veteran Forum Member

1353 Posts    Posted - 25/11/2002 :  12:12:45 PM 
I can only coment on the Camel Corps and there was no position in the Table of Org for a despatch rider or runner.
Now I have ran across men doing this funtion in a number of sourses. These include letters and Red Cross Cards. Unit Histories and such. Personal accounts (Books) and word of mouth.

I have had the same problem trying to find men who were Batman or Orderlies to officers. There was a position in the ToO but hard to find names. I found most on the Weekly strenght returns when an officer is posted some where as his batman almost always goes with him even when going to the AFC.

S.B

David
Forum Member

Australia
143 Posts    Posted - 27/11/2002 :  4:04:39 PM 
Thanks Steve, i'll check Archives for strength and field returns.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: