AIM: To preserve the History and Traditions of the Australian Light Horse and its predecessors.
MISSION: To sponsor Memorial and Light Horse re-enactment Troops formed by Members of the Association and to ensure they enjoy Corporate protection and Insurance Cover.
* To obtain and preserve uniforms, weapons, and equipment used by men of the Light Horse
* To research, record and preserve the History, tradition and customs of Light Horse Regiments and their predecessors.
* To collect and preserve literature written about the Light Horse.
* To support existing Light Horse Museums.
* To make available information on the Light Horse to the public.
* To support mounted Light Horse re-enactment Troops formed for the purpose of portraying the Light Horse units of the past.
* To provide comradeship for its members who find the espirit de corps of the Light Horse stimulating and rewarding.
View the ALHA Articles of Association
View the ALHA Memorandum of Association
View the ALHA By-Laws
ALHA MEMORANDUM OF ASSN
ALHA By-Laws August 2017
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY:
The ALHA social media policy is very clear on the use of social media by members. The ALHA has a no tolerance approach to comments made that are derogatory or defamatory towards the board, members, committees, and/or informational posts.
We use social media in conjunction with our website to help with keeping members up to date with current information. On the most part we would like to thank members for their constructive and positive feedback and comments.
ALHA reserve the right to remove inappropriate posts and/or ban people from the page.
SOCIAL MEDIA – CODE OF CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS
1. All comments, notes or photos posted on social media sites in relation to the ALHA including its Board and Executive, ALHA Affiliated Committees or ALHA sanctioned events and its members are to be constructive or positive in their nature.
2. No material that is vulgar, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful is to be posted.
The ALHA asks that when you are unsure of any matter that is causing concern, to please address these directly by contacting The ALHA by email click here – rather than by public post that is inaccurate and misleading to the reader based on the writer’s own assumptions.