Keeping Up to Date with COVID-19
With restrictions and regulations changing on an almost daily basis, the ALHA has put together the following information and included links that Members may find helpful to keep up-to-date with the most current restrictions and requirements.
The ALHA would like to advise its Troops if you are considering holding a gathering or event of any kind you need to be aware of the latest requirements in your state. It is important that you are familiar with the COVID-19 Guidelines when organising or participating in an event and if you are required to display the necessary documentation around the event premises.
Collect a Coronavirus Self-Declaration Form (here) from everyone attending, these forms must be completed by all attendees and retained by the host Troop.
Please see links below:
Troops holding events need to be familiar with COVID-19 Guidelines, and need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan and are required to display the necessary documentation if required. Some venues may require a Risk Management Form
Troops must contact their venue owners (Council, Trusts etc.) to confirm that the grounds are available for use and have completed their own risk assessment document for their venue.
The following Covid safe practices are implemented to minimise cross contamination these include (but are not limited to):
- Continue to self-distance, practice good hygiene,
- Provide hand sanitiser dispensers in prominent places around the event
- Keep all shared services and areas clean by washing/wiping down with antibacterial wipes or soap and water frequently.
- Appoint one person to open and close venue gates at the start and end of the day
- Clearly communicate your Covid Safety Plan and procedures to your members, prior to activities and events.
- Ensure maximum numbers are adhered to for your venue
- Members bring their own feed and buckets etc.
- Minimise or remove any need to share tack or other equipment.
- Non-contact for all uniform, saddlery and equipment – when a gear check is performed disposable gloves are to be worn.
- Please follow these guidelines – COVID-19 infection control guidelines for community
COVID-19 Awareness Course at https://www.playbytherules.net.au/got-an-issue/covid-19-support-centre/covid-19-awareness-mini-course
Members are still required to submit all ALHA Event Notification forms including:
- Events Notification
- Risk Management Form
- Site Inspection Checklist
- ALHA COVID Event Register – downloadable form
Please be aware that restrictions change regularly so it is important to check your state’s regulations for updates.
As of Wednesday, 1 July 2020, further changes to restrictions have been implemented in some states.
National Coronavirus Helpline
For information, support or advice on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or the COVIDSafe app, call the Australia Government’s National Coronavirus Helpline which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.