Australian Light Horse Association
19 August 2017, 01:39:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ALHA Website:  http://www.lighthorse.org.au

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: William Ernest ASLAT 9th LHR  (Read 6211 times)
sozjack

View Profile
« on: 04 July 2015, 02:51:25 pm »

Years ago I purchased a framed display of WW1 items belonging to a member of the 9th LHR a Private William Ernest ASLAT . The display included his medals, Anzac A's on original colour patches, Rising Sun hat and collar badges plus other LH insignia and a studio portrait photo of Aslat in his LH uniform. I wanted to try and reunite this display with Aslat's descendants. I searched the internet to try and find anyone with an Alsat surname and this forum came up with a reference to him so I joined it and found one of his family had left a post about him in regards to guys who married overseas. After some contact back and forth I can report that this framed display has now gone to the grandson of William Ernest Aslat who coincidently was named William (Bill) after his grandfather. I just wanted to say thanks to to all the Aslat family and especially to Alan and Bill and also to this site for making this happen. As I found out during my research, this framed display had been done by J. K. Cossum. I came across an expired copyright that showed Cossum once had a copyright registered for the "King & Country" design that was used in this display.
Thanks AJ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: