Due to the evolving situation regarding COVID – 19 and the uncertainty of State Restrictions that are in place. the following events have unfortunately been cancelled.
- 7th Light Horse – Bemboka Troop – Annual Dining In Night 12 September 2020 Merimbula NSW
- ALHA Association Cup October 2020
- ALHA – The Jericho Cup Challenge – 28 November 2020 Warrnambool VIC.
Keeping Up to Date with COVID-19
With restrictions and regulations changing on an almost daily basis, the ALHA has put together the following information and included links that Members may find helpful to keep up-to-date with the most current restrictions and requirements.
The ALHA would like to advise its Troops if you are considering holding a gathering or event of any kind you need to be aware of the latest requirements in your state. It is important that you are familiar with the COVID-19 Guidelines when organising or participating in an event and if you are required to display the necessary documentation around the event premises.
Collect a Coronavirus Self-Declaration Form (here) from everyone attending, these forms must be completed by all attendees and retained by the host Troop.
Please see links below:
BE COVID SAFE GUIDELINES FOR COMMUNITY SPORT
Troops holding events need to be familiar with COVID-19 Guidelines, and need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan and are required to display the necessary documentation if required. Some venues may require a Risk Management Form
Troops must contact their venue owners (Council, Trusts etc.) to confirm that the grounds are available for use and have completed their own risk assessment document for their venue.
The following Covid safe practices are implemented to minimise cross contamination these include (but are not limited to):
- Continue to self-distance, practice good hygiene,
- Provide hand sanitiser dispensers in prominent places around the event
- Keep all shared services and areas clean by washing/wiping down with antibacterial wipes or soap and water frequently.
- Appoint one person to open and close venue gates at the start and end of the day
- Clearly communicate your Covid Safety Plan and procedures to your members, prior to activities and events.
- Ensure maximum numbers are adhered to for your venue
- Members bring their own feed and buckets etc.
- Minimise or remove any need to share tack or other equipment.
- Non-contact for all uniform, saddlery and equipment – when a gear check is performed disposable gloves are to be worn.
- Please follow these guidelines – COVID-19 infection control guidelines for community
COVID-19 Awareness Course at https://www.playbytherules.net.au/got-an-issue/covid-19-support-centre/covid-19-awareness-mini-course
Members are still required to submit all ALHA Event Notification forms including:
- Events Notification
- Risk Management Form
- Site Inspection Checklist
Please be aware that restrictions change regularly so it is important to check your state’s regulations for updates.
As of Wednesday, 1 July 2020, further changes to restrictions have been implemented in some states.
Nominations for the 2020/2021 Executive and Board of Directors have closed, with the following nominations being correctly nominated and received.
ALHA Executive 2020/2021 – The following nominations have been received unopposed.
President – Lawrence Watts
Treasurer/Secretary – Thomas Childs
ALHA Vice President 2020/2021. The following nomination has been received unopposed.
Board Members – The following nominations have been received unopposed.
All nominated will be ratified at the Virtual AGM on Saturday 27 June 2020
Members and Troops Notice:
A statement to our members in response to the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
The health, safety and welfare of our members and troops continues to remain our highest priority as we navigate through these tough times.
With restrictions being eased almost weekly, the ALHA is easing the suspension on ALHA sanctioned activities and advises all members and troops to participate in activities in accordance with their local public health, state and national regulatory procedures.
Events being planned must supply notification and the appropriate paperwork.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic and following Government Health Restrictions, Guidelines and Advice, the ALHA is not sanctioning any events, training or activities for the foreseeable future.
Any of our members who choose to conduct activities etc. do so at their own risk and will not be covered by the Association.
Also at this time we are not processing any new membership applications and request that all forthcoming membership renewals be delayed until after the new financial year.
When conditions change and further details become available notification will be placed on the website.
NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE AUSTRALIAN LIGHT HORSE ASSOCIATION LTD.
Saturday 27th June 2020.
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The Australian Light Horse Association Limited will be held on Saturday 27th June 2020.
Due to COVID-19 Health Restrictions, State regulations and under advice from ASIC the ALHA will be conducting an On-line/Virtual meeting. Details will be forwarded to financial members shortly.
The AGM will commence at 12.00pm.
Nominations for the Board of Directors of ALHA Ltd are now open for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Director – Board Members
All nominations for the position of Director or any other position on the Board must be received at the company office no later than the 4.00pm on the 12th June 2020. They must be signed by the Nominee and 2 other Financial Members of the Association
Notices of motion
All notices of motion must be received in writing at the Company Office by 4.00pm on the 5th June 2020.
For further information, contact The National Secretary – Tom Childs OAM JP
On 07 3807 2382 or email: Tom Childs
An Agenda and Audited Accounts will be available in due course.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO ATTEND:
An Invitation is extended for Expression of interest to attend The Australian Light Horse Association’s Leadership Course Workshop, (incorporating the previously known Troop Sergeant’s Course), is sought from ALHA Troops and Non ALHA Light Horse Troops.
This course invitation is open to Troop President, Troop Secretary/Treasurer and Troop Sergeant/Commanders only.
• The Course will be hosted by the 2nd Light Horse Woombye Troop and held at the Woombye Pony Club grounds, where there is camping, toilet and shower facilities available;
• This Course is designed as a “Train the Trainer” course so that the attendees can go back to their Troops and pass on the knowledge gained;
• Those attending can arrive Friday evening if required;
• The Course will start at 0930hrs Saturday morning and finish Sunday afternoon at appox 1600hrs;
• Catering will be provided for lunch Saturday, evening meal Saturday night, breakfast Sunday morning and lunch Sunday;
• There is no costs to attend for current ALHA financial members, however, Non ALHA financial members attending will be ask to pay $55 towards catering and general Course costs;
• Saturday will be a classroom day with Sunday a horse day;
• There will be a Section of Mounted Troopers provided for the horse work on the Sunday, so there is no need to bring your horse;
• Registration is required no later than the 14th March 2020
• A full detailed Run-Sheet of the Course will be made available to those who register.
Please respond back to me, as the Course Coordinator, with full details of the individuals your Troop will be sending along by the 14th March.
Contact Lawrence Watts E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0405 480 266