Dear ALHA Members,
As you are probably aware we have been contemplating a trip to Israel in September this year. We have finally been able to secure hotels, so the trip is now a reality, provided we can get the minimum number of 20.
This trip will have two aims, one to commemorate the Centenary of the Battle of Semakh including the unveiling of a statue to commemorate the battle, and secondly, a more reflective trip through Israel, giving us a chance to reflect more on the places visited, without the pressure of the last trip with all the complexities entailed.
Dates of the tour:
We will be leaving Australia 19th September and returning 4th October, 2018.
Due to the dates being during ‘high season’ the cost of the trip is unfortunately higher than other times however the cost does cover airfares, transport, breakfast and dinner (half board) at top hotels, all tips including guides, drivers and hotels, all museum and National Park entries.
For 20 participants the cost is $6,490 AUD ea.
* This price is based on twin share. For 30 participants the price will come down to $6,290. Maximum number for the trip is 30.
- A half day horse ride down the Mount of Beatitudes to the shore line of Galilee. Extra cost would be in the vicinity of $250 ea.
- An exciting IDF Shooting experience available for those who are keen to shoot a variety of weapons under expert Israeli instructors.
Extra cost would be around $200 ea. TBA
A draft itinerary is attached and also a booking form. If you are wishing to be part of this tour, please fill in booking form also attached and return ASAP with $400 deposit. (Deposit deadline is July 14th) Please send copy of passport if this has changed or you weren’t on the 2017 Beersheba trip.
Below are links to the application form and itinerary.
- Tour Application In the Steps of the Light Horse Tour – Application Form – Semakh 2018
- ALHA Israel Tour – Semakh Centenary 2018 Draft Itinerary
Barry Rodgers OAM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 0428 662 528